Artichoke: useful properties and contraindications
Artichoke is a vegetable plant, which genus has more than 100 different varieties. 40 varieties of this crop are grown for food consumption. It is a dietary vegetable, many consider it a delicacy. Few people in our country know about it, but the French, Spanish, Italians and Greeks know almost everything about it. The plant is widely used in the cuisine of most European countries.
- What is an artichoke and what it looks like
- Composition and calories
- Useful properties of artichoke
- General benefits
- For Women
- For Men
- In Pregnancy
- For children
- Weight loss
- Is artichoke tea useful?
- What is the health benefits of artichoke extracts?
- How to use
- Artichoke in medicine
- Diabetes mellitus
- In pancreatitis
- In constipation
- For gout
- For the liver
- Pri cholecystitis
- Recipes of folk medicine with artichoke
- Artichoke tea
- Cosmetic use
- For Face
- For Hair
- Harm and Contraindications
- How to choose and store
- How to eat artichoke correctly
- What can be cooked from artichokes: Recipes
- Boiled dish
- Artichoke salad
- Artichoke in sauce
- Roman artichoke
- Baked artichoke
- Fried artichoke
- Interesting Facts
What is an artichoke and what does it look like?
Artichoke is a unique vegetable crop that has a lot of medicinal properties. It is particularly popular with nutritionists and is widely used in nutrition. In pharmaceutics and cosmetology a number of medical and cosmetic preparations are produced on its basis.
The vegetable crop likes a lot of sun, it is acceptable in an arid climate. It is for this reason in our country the plant can rarely be found. It mainly grows in countries with a hot climate. Artichoke is grown in many European countries. Meet herbaceous culture can be found in Ukraine.
In cooking, the plant is used baskets, which are represented by flower buds. This is a kind of community of fleshy scales, resembling the cones of hops or walnuts, with a diameter of 11 cm.
The leaves with their roots and stem are used by the Vietnamese to make tea. The baskets are used for cooking. They can be eaten fresh or boiled. Many foodies prefer pickled artichoke. The finished dish from the herbaceous plant has an incomparable taste.
In our country so far the vegetable is considered a delicacy, while in Greece it is a common everyday culinary dish. The culture has a long history. For more than 5,000 years, the ancient Greeks and Egyptians used the artichoke as a medicine. Only the Spanish species goes as food.
If you translate the name from Latin, it means "dog." People named it that way because of its appearance, since the unopened buds somewhat resemble the teeth of a dog. And if you translate the word artichoke from Arabic, it means "ground thorn".
In Russia, the plant came during the reign of Peter I. It was mainly used as an ornamental crop.
There are two main species of the plant: Spanish and prickly. It is a perennial crop, about 2 m high, which has a tap root and a straight stem. The color of the plant is pale green, slightly grayish. It has dissected pinnate leaves. The plant is very beautiful, with large purple or blue flowers. When the crop begins to bloom, it looks very much like a thistle.
The cultivated or Spanish species is grown for food consumption. The herbaceous plant is rich in vitamins, micro- and macro-nutrients, carotene, minerals, thiamine and other valuable substances.
The leaves of the culture are used as raw materials for the manufacture of medicines. They are recommended for reducing excess weight, as a dietary supplement, etc. The vegetable has no calories, so it is considered dietary. The use of the plant can make up for the lack of vitamins in the body.
Composition and calories
The inflorescences of the vegetable culture contain:
- ascorbic acid;
- fatty acids;
- essential oils and others.
Of the vitamins we can distinguish groups B, C, E, K, A, etc. It contains many:
- glyceric acid, etc.
In addition, the plant has a lot of protein, fiber and carbohydrates. Of the micro- and macronutrients we can distinguish:
- sodium, etc.
If we talk about the leaves, they have a sufficient amount of various acids:
- caffeic acid;
- chlorogenic acid;
- glycolic acid;
- Neochlorogenic acid, etc.
In addition, the leaves contain flavonoid glycosides, inulin, etc.
Important! It is worth knowing that the plant contains a lot of folic acid, which is vital for the human body.
If we talk about the caloric value, then this vegetable crop has only 28 kcal. This is based on the calculation per 100 grams of the product. Even when cooked, the caloric value will not exceed 53 kcal, so the vegetable will be indispensable for people who want to lose extra pounds. The use of this plant will help to reduce weight without compromising your health, because the vegetable will enrich the body with all the necessary valuable elements due to its composition.
Despite the low caloric content of the plant, it has a sufficient amount of:
- dietary fiber.
Useful properties of artichokes
Even the ancient Egyptians and Greeks healed patients with artichokes. It is an ancient crop, and its "miraculous" properties were known about 5,000 years ago. It was used to treat scurvy, rheumatism, heart disease, liver disease, and edema.
It was advised to use in case of jaundice, prescribed for gout. Current physicians do not deny the uniqueness of the vegetable. Medicine confirms that the plant has many useful properties, such as a diuretic effect, and is also able to remove bile. The value of the crop has been appreciated by folk healers. Due to the presence of inulin, the vegetable can be eaten by diabetics.
Consumption of artichokes has a positive effect on the digestive system, so it is useful to take it when poisoned by drugs, alcohol or food. Decoctions or tinctures of the vegetable culture contain a lot of sodium and potassium, which reduce acidity, which is especially important for patients with gastritis.
It is a unique crop with a rich chemical composition. Experts recommend it to people suffering from kidney and liver diseases. Preparations made on the basis of the herbaceous plant are prescribed for hepatitis, nephritis, cholecystitis and even cirrhosis. This is an excellent remedy for the recovery of the body after taking large amounts of antibiotics.
From the leaves of the herbaceous plant are prepared therapeutic decoctions. They help reduce cholesterol, remove uric acid. In the olden days, decoctions were drunk to reduce the smell of sweat, and were also used to rub into the skin for baldness. Teas that normalize the function of the gastrointestinal tract are also useful.
Healing properties of the herbaceous crop are used in pharmaceutics to treat allergies, urolithiasis. The extract of the plant is used to relieve the toxic effects on the body.
Let's list the main beneficial effects of artichoke:
- cleanses the liver;
- removes toxins from the intestines;
- improves cerebral circulation;
- cleanses the kidneys;
- improves digestion;
- lowers sugar levels;
- Relieves symptoms of allergic reactions;
- beneficial effects on hair growth, skin and nail appearance.
The inflorescences of the herbaceous crop have the following medicinal properties:
Despite the usefulness of the vegetable, its use, especially for people suffering from chronic diseases, should be cautious. It has contraindications, so before including the plant in your diet, it is necessary to get a consultation from your doctor. The same applies to medicinal preparations based on artichoke.
For the body of women, the culture will be very useful. The consumption of the plant in food will reduce the risk of possible cancerous tumors, including breast cancer. Artichoke normalizes blood pressure in the pelvic area, helps in conception. Dishes or preparations based on the vegetable are recommended by sexologists, because they enhance sexual activity.
The crop is useful for maintaining and preserving youth and beauty. Thanks to the included folic acid, and in sufficient quantities, a woman can prevent skin aging, reduce the number of wrinkles. The acid perfectly regenerates the skin and rejuvenates the appearance.
With the help of the vegetable you can reduce and even completely eliminate excessive sweating.
For those who watch their figure, the use of herbaceous plant will be indispensable. This is a low-calorie product, even in boiled form. It will not put a strain on the stomach, but will saturate the body and enrich it with useful elements. With his help, it is easy to get rid of extra pounds.
The stronger sex will undoubtedly appreciate the herbaceous crop. It is recommended for prostatitis. Sexologists advise taking it to enhance libido and potency, so men suffering from these problems will benefit from eating artichoke. Medics prescribe medicines based on this plant for adenoma.
Women during pregnancy need a lot of vitamins and minerals. Artichoke consumption can saturate the body with valuable substances and help to cope with toxicosis. For the formation of the developing fetus future mother needs folic acid. There is enough of this component in artichokes. Through the use of the plant or medicines based on it, you can avoid the wrong development of the fetus or any defects and ensure its proper formation. Yes, and other useful elements contained in the vegetable crop will be useful for a pregnant woman.
Artichoke is contraindicated during lactation. Despite all its positive qualities, it can have a negative impact on milk production in the breast of a nursing mother. Therefore, you should not take the risk, it is better to refuse to use it during the breastfeeding period.
Artichoke can be given after the age of 12. Before that time, you should not feed it to children. It can cause digestive upset, bloating, flatulence and other unpleasant things. But after 12 years, you can try giving your child a small amount of the vegetable and see how it reacts. If there are no side effects, the dose can be gradually increased.
For weight loss
For weight loss, artichoke will be indispensable. It contains fiber, which accelerates the process of burning fat. This is one of the suitable plants for people who want to lose extra pounds. It helps the body to cleanse itself, flush out excess fluid and process fats. Artichoke cannot break them down completely, but it can modify them so that they are eliminated faster. But this is not to say that it is necessary to sit on artichokes alone for several days. Absolutely not! It's just a great supplement and weight loss aid.
Is artichoke tea useful?
Let's highlight the main benefits of artichoke tea:
- Has antibacterial properties;
- lowers sugar levels;
- prevents the development of infectious diseases;
- cleanses the skin;
- eliminates toxins;
- relieves swelling;
- breaks down fat, which helps get rid of excess weight;
- lowers blood pressure;
- calms the stomach, relieves nausea and heartburn.
We named only part of the positive aspects of artichoke tea. But there are many more. You should drink it in moderation, so as not to harm the body. Its excessive consumption can have a negative impact on human health. Remember that everything should be in moderation.
What is the usefulness of the extract (extract) of artichoke
Experts often advise patients to use the extract. The extract is included in many drugs and dietary supplements. It is a choleretic remedy, beneficially affecting the liver as well. It can be taken in parallel with antibiotics. So the liver will be protected from the constant administration of drugs.
The extract is able to burn internal fats, so people who suffer from obesity often turn to it.
How to take
The extract is available in capsules and in tablets. Dose per day - no more than 25 ml. Take 20 minutes before a meal three or two times a day.
The course of treatment is usually 14 days, but it can last up to a month. Then take a break for a month or two and repeat the treatment.
Artichoke in medicine
Dishes made from artichoke are advised for patients suffering from diabetes. Since the composition of the vegetable contains substances that replace sucrose, the consumption of the culture will be beneficial for diabetics. In addition, the cultivated herbaceous plant will help normalize blood glucose levels.
Important: The glycemic index of artichoke is 30 units.
Artichoke patients with pancreatitis can eat. This will diversify their diet and give them several positive benefits:
- It will reduce acidity.
- Will reduce cholesterol levels, speed up metabolic processes in the body thanks to the inulin contained in the plant.
- Facilitate the processing of fats.
- Will relieve cramps due to anti-inflammatory properties.
- Protects the liver from negative influences and normalizes the work of the organ.
- Reduces gas and flatulence.
- Relieves heartburn, nausea, heaviness in the stomach.
Worth knowing! It is strictly forbidden to consume the herbaceous crop during an exacerbation! Despite its low caloric value, the vegetable can negatively affect health and further inflame the diseased gland.
Patients with gastritis are not forbidden to consume artichoke, but only not in the period of exacerbation. It is necessary to consult with the attending physician and together determine the dosage. Note that with gastritis you should not eat canned vegetable. It will be better if you make a puree of artichoke or try the product in its fresh form.
For constipation, it is better to use not the artichoke itself, but its juice. There is one recipe that will help get rid of bloating and stool retention. You need to take some juice and mix it with egg yolks. Then mix everything thoroughly and drink the resulting mixture in the evening before going to bed.
Artichoke speeds up the metabolic processes, so its regular consumption will get rid of digestive problems.
In case of gout
Since the plant is able to remove harmful substances from the body, including salt deposits, the vegetable will be especially useful in the treatment of gout. In folk medicine, there are several recipes for patients with gout.
- Grind with a blender or pass through a meat grinder a few buds. It is worth choosing only fresh plants. To prepare the potion you will need only 200 g. Crush a couple of garlic cloves or pass them through a garlic masher. Mix everything and add a little honey. Such a mixture to take for 2 months, then take a break and start the treatment again.
- You can prepare a decoction. To do this, take 500 g of fresh buds, pour boiling water (3 liters) and put to boil. Boil for 20 minutes. Take out the swollen buds and chop them. Add finely chopped burdock leaves. Such composition to apply to the joint and keep for an hour. Remaining water after cooking artichoke can be added to the bath.
For the liver
Artichoke for patients suffering from liver disease - just a godsend! The plant is able not only to recover the cells of the diseased organ and normalize its work, but also to reduce the amount of bile. The vegetable is recommended for acute and chronic hepatitis, jaundice and even for cirrhosis.
It is an excellent remedy for cleaning the organ. Medics recommend taking it regularly to people with bad habits (smoking, drinking alcohol), as well as those who undergo chemotherapy. The plant relieves a hangover.
Artichoke is allowed in the postoperative and preoperative period.
Artichoke helps patients with cholecystitis. It not only has choleretic properties, but is also able to relieve nausea. According to reviews posted on the Internet, patients with regular consumption of the vegetable forget about discomfort and heaviness.
Recipes of folk medicine with artichoke
- We crush 2 teaspoons of inflorescences of the herbaceous culture and put them in a separate bowl.
- Pour everything with boiling water (250 ml) and cover with a lid.
- Tighten the lid and let cool a little.
- Strain it.
Take the infusion should be half an hour before a meal and half a glass 2 times a day, you can take three times a day.
- Tear off the leaves of the plant in an amount of 40 g.
- Pour them with boiling water and put on a slow fire.
- As soon as the water boils, boil for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and let stand, covered with a lid.
- Once the water is warm, strain.
This decoction is suitable for external use in the form of lotions and wipes.
- Prepare the herb and crush it. Two teaspoons will be enough for making tea. You can use not only the leaves, but also the stems.
- Pour everything with boiling water and cover with a lid.
- Let it sit for 7 minutes.
- Add sugar or honey to improve the taste. All at the discretion of the hostess.
To make juice, we will need baskets.
- Grind the baskets with a blender or pass them through a meat grinder.
- Put everything into gauze and squeeze out the juice.
- Store in the fridge.
To prepare we will need:
- leaves of the herbaceous culture - 250 g;
- 70% alcohol - 0,5 l (if there is no alcohol, you can use vodka).
- Grind the leaves.
- Pour alcohol or vodka and cover the container tightly with a lid.
- We put in a dark place and insist 14 days. The temperature should be room temperature.
- Shake the bottle daily.
- At the end of time we strain the tincture, and squeeze the rest.
Take as follows: 1 tablespoon of tincture diluted with water (100 ml). This is considered a single dose. Drink three times a day.
In cosmetology, the herbaceous plant is used to make various moisturizing masks, creams, mixtures. Such compositions are suitable for application to the entire skin surface. The skin becomes firm and smooth, saturated with useful elements and rejuvenated. The peculiarity of preparations based on the vegetable crop is that the effect of its application is immediately visible.
- Universal. This mask refreshes and rejuvenates the skin, makes it radiant. For its preparation, we need 4 artichokes. Boil them for 30 minutes. Once they have softened, mash the vegetables. Add two yolks and 1 teaspoon of aloe juice. Stir everything thoroughly. Apply the prepared mixture to the face and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
- For oily skin. Such a mask can remove greasiness and get rid of acne. Suitable for mixed skin. To prepare the mask, boil 4 artichokes for 20 minutes. It is important that the vegetables become soft. Take them out of the water and mash. You can use a blender to obtain a homogeneous mass. Let it cool and add 1 teaspoon of aloe juice to the artichokes. Apply to the face for half an hour. Rinse off with warm, but not hot water. To improve the effect of the face rinse with cold water. Such a mask can be applied 2 times in 7 days.
- Lotion of artichokes. Such a composition is suitable for daily skin rubbing. Finely chop 100 grams of artichoke leaves and fill them with quality vodka in the amount of 100 ml. Let's leave it for four weeks. Once the tincture is ready, dilute it with boiled cold water. It is better to dilute with water before rubbing. The proportions are as follows: 1 teaspoon of tincture per ½ cup of water.
- For dry skin. Prepare a decoction from the chopped leaves of the vegetable. The recipe is very simple. We chop the leaves and pour them with steep boiling water. Let it stand for half an hour. That's all, the decoction is ready, you can wash with it to remove dryness from the skin.
- Rejuvenating mask. To prepare it, you will need either the inflorescences of the herbaceous culture, or the leaves. Grind them. Take 2 tablespoons of crushed plant and mix with 2 tablespoons of liquid honey. Add 2 tablespoons of sour cream or cream. All thoroughly mix and smeared the resulting composition of the face and neck. Sustain for 15 minutes and remove the mask with a wet tissue. Then rinse your face first with warm and then cold water.
- Restorative. Boil 4 artichokes for 20 minutes and mashed potato them. You can do it with a blender, the main thing is to make the mixture homogeneous. Add 100 ml of kefir and 1 tablespoon of burdock oil to the artichoke puree. Mix everything thoroughly and apply it first to the scalp, and then distribute it on the hair. Wrap the hair in plastic wrap and wrap with a towel. Keep for 20 minutes and wash off with warm water.
- For hair growth. As in the previous version, we prepare artichoke puree, add to it 1 teaspoon of mustard (dry) and 1 teaspoon of castor oil. In addition to the dry mustard, add to the mixture 1 tablespoon of regular mustard. Thoroughly mix everything and apply the resulting composition to the hair. Put a plastic bag and wrap the hair with a towel. Sustain for 20 minutes and rinse.
- From dandruff. Prepare a puree of artichokes in an amount of 50 gr. Mix it with 50 ml of mineral water. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of liquid honey and 10 drops of tea tree essential oil. Apply to the scalp and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
Harm and contraindications
In order not to harm your body, you must first become familiar with the therapeutic possibilities of the herbaceous crop and its contraindications. Despite all its value, the vegetable plant can have negative effects on the human body. It is worth knowing that it is necessary to be cautious or to exclude it from the diet of patients suffering from:
- low acidity:
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- kidney failure;
- Individual intolerance;
- Certain forms of allergic reactions;
- gallbladder abnormalities;
- the presence of stones in the organs.
It should not be used during lactation. And in everything should be a measure. Excessive consumption of artichoke can cause digestive disorders.
How to choose and keep it
If you decide to buy artichokes, you should pay attention to the dense buds, not sluggish and dry. A fresh quality plant has an even color. It should not have any brown spots on it. You can lightly press on the product to check its freshness. If it squeaks, you are on the right track.
If we talk about size, they do not play a special role, but it is still better to choose medium size and avoid small buds. After peeling the vegetable will shrink in size, there will be nothing left of it at all.
The product should be stored in a cool, but dry room. In such a place it can be kept for a week, and it will not go bad. Fresh (raw) vegetables are stored only in the refrigerator. If the product is cooked, however, you can simply freeze it in the freezer. If you do not do this, then the very next day it will be impossible to eat it. It will become bitter and not suitable for eating.
How to eat an artichoke correctly
The vegetable should be eaten with your hands. It is considered the most enjoyable treat. Pinch off the leaves from the bud, whether you dip them in the sauce or not, then "drag" the leaf in your mouth and separate the pulp with your teeth. Set aside the remaining, inedible part.
Once you get to the middle of the bud, then use a spoon to separate the inedible parts. Now, using a fork and knife, taste the tastiest part of the vegetable.
If stuffed artichokes are served, the stuffing should be moved to the leaves and cut out the core. Then the flesh of the vegetable will open, and with the help of a knife and fork, you can begin to eat the unusual delicacy.
What you can make with artichokes: recipes
To begin with, let us give a few recommendations for the preparation of the herbaceous culture.
- Artichoke changes color when stored. To prevent this from happening, you need to prepare water, adding a little vinegar and lemon juice to it. Then dip the plant in the water and hold it there for a few minutes.
- To get a delicious artichoke dish, you need to peel it properly. To do this, you need to tear off the leaves and cut off all the hairs that are underneath them.
- Boil the culture in salted water, adding a little lemon juice. And the artichoke should be lowered into the boiling water.
- Remove the stem and cut off the damaged leaves.
- Remove the core, wash the product in water.
- Pour the vegetable with boiling water.
- Add salt and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and lay the plant on a paper towel.
- After drying, serve it.
To prepare we will need the following products:
- artichoke (heads) - 200 g;
- tomatoes - 100 gr
- apples - 100 gr;
- lemon - 1 pc;
- vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- lettuce (leaves);
- salt and pepper - to taste.
- Boil the vegetables and cut them arbitrarily, but better in sticks.
- Cut fruit also in julienne.
- Put everything in a salad bowl, salt and pepper. Mix everything.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and add oil. Then stir it up.
- Before serving, place salad leaves on top.
Artichoke in Sauce
- artichoke - 4 pcs;
- vinegar - 4 tablespoons;
- water - 4 tbsp;
- mustard - 1 tsp;
- dill - a handful;
- vegetable oil - 8 tablespoons;
- salt - to the discretion of the hostess.
- Artichoke peel and immerse it in salted water for a couple of minutes.
- Take the vegetable and dry it on a paper towel.
- Bring the water to a boil, add vinegar and salt. Once the water begins to boil, we lower the artichokes.
- Cook for about 40 minutes over low heat. When ready artichokes easily separate leaves.
- Drain the water and put the artichokes tops down.
- For the sauce, mix vegetable oil and vinegar. Shred the greens and add to the sauce, add mustard. We mix everything.
- Pour the sauce over the artichokes and serve.
To make it we need:
- Artichokes - 7 pcs;
- Garlic - 3 cloves;
- Lemon - 1 piece;
- olive oil - half a cup;
- parsley - 1 bunch;
- mint, salt and pepper - at the discretion of the hostess.
- Peel the vegetables from the leaves, leaving only the inner white leaves, located in the middle of the bud. Cut off the bottom of the stem, about 5 cm.
- Add citric acid or juice to the water and dip the artichokes in it one by one. This way they will keep their color and not turn black.
- Finely chop the herbs. Chop the garlic. Mix and add oil. Salt and pepper.
- Artichoke leaves open and remove the core. Pour the sauce inside, about ¾ of it. Return the leaves to their place.
- Place the prepared vegetables in a pan, head down. This way they won't turn over during cooking.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the vegetables and add hot water to fill the entire pan. Cover and simmer the artichokes over low heat for 50-60 minutes, until the water has completely boiled away.
- Serve both hot and cold to the table.
- Before serving, garnish with greens.
For the cooking we need:
- artichokes - 10 pcs;
- white bread - 25 grams;
- Sunflower oil - 25 grams;
- lemon - 1 pc;
- Dry white wine - 5 tbsp;
- parsley - 2 stalks;
- Salt and pepper - at hostess' discretion.
- Cut a lemon and squeeze the juice from it in a pot of water.
- From the vegetable remove the outer leaves, cut off the stalks.
- Cut the artichoke lengthwise and remove the core. Drizzle the vegetable with lemon juice and place in the prepared water with lemon.
- Boil water in a separate pan, salt and pepper it, if necessary.
- Once the water begins to boil, add the vegetables and simmer for 1 hour. It is important that the artichokes become soft. To check readiness, try tearing a leaf off the plant. If it comes off easily, it means the artichoke is ready.
- Place the cooked artichokes on a plate. The cut side should be on top.
- Pour wine and butter on them, and sprinkle the top with finely chopped herbs and crumbs of white bread.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Put the artichokes in the oven for 20 minutes.
For its preparation we will need:
- artichokes - 2 kg;
- ham - 150 grams;
- lemon - 1 pc;
- parsley - 2 bunches;
- vegetable oil - 5 tbsp;
- salt and pepper - to taste.
- Pour water in a separate bowl and squeeze half the juice of a lemon there.
- With artichokes cut off the stalks, remove the outer coarse leaves. Cut the vegetable lengthwise, then remove the core. Drizzle artichokes with lemon juice and place in lemon water.
- Pour water into a saucepan, put it on the fire and bring it to a boil. Once the water is boiling, put the artichokes in it and salt them.
- Over medium heat, cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes. Artichokes should be soft, leaves should be easily removed from the vegetable. This is the first sign that the artichoke is ready.
- Drain the water.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add ham cut into small cubes. Fry on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Finely chop the greens.
- Place artichokes and roasted ham on a plate and sprinkle greens on top. Artichokes should be placed cut side down.
- The vegetables should be eaten as soon as they are cut. Otherwise, they can lose their flavor, although it is said that it can be stored in a cool place for a week.
- Artichokes are used to make a wide variety of dishes. They can be consumed both hot and cold. They are used as a separate dish, a side dish, or an additive to salads. With them you can prepare pies, pizza, pasta, dessert and even bread.
- To cook artichokes properly, a number of rules must be followed. It is important to know the subtleties of cleaning. For example, with large vegetables, the tips of the leaves should be trimmed off before cooking. In addition, the veins should be removed from the center of the leaves.
«Important: All information on this site is provided for informational purposes only for information purposes only. Check with your health care professional before using any recommendations. specialist before using any of the recommendations. Neither the editors nor the authors shall be liable for any possible harm caused by materials."